Uniting Journeys recently returned from a cycling tour through Vietnam and Cambodia. Organised by Disability Sport & Recreation (DSR), the 13-day tour included nine riders with a range of disabilities who used specially modified bikes to complete the more-than 500 kilometre trip. Uniting Journeys’ goal is for travellers to have a positive impact in the communities they visit. Click here to read about their latest trip.
Highlights this month include:
- Mental Health Week ministry in Hampton Park, Hobart and Heidelberg Heights
- Beyond the beaches and bars – doing God’s work in the backblocks of Bali
- We ask – why don’t young people go to church?
- State of the Union, a synod survey snapshot of the UCA in changing times
- Frugal with everything but hope – on being middle-aged and unemployed
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox.