Melbourne’s Hosier Lane is a renowned location for street art but this week it was in the news as businesses shut off alcoves that were sheltering homeless people. Our front cover illustration is inspired by British street artist and activist Banksy. Image by Crosslight illustrator Garth Jones.
Highlights this month include:
- “What’s in the fridge?” – a foster care family’s inspiring story.
- The Synod meeting fashion fight and other well-worn op shop tales.
- The time when the tongue begins to still and knowledge begins to pass.
- Readers weigh in on the neglected west, school and military chaplains.
- Ben Hur is back in his chariot but do the wheels fall off this remake?
- Synod Snaps brings you images from throughout the Church and beyond.
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox.