Out of the mouths of babes – our Crosslight front cover this month features one of the messages sent by year two and year four students from Scots School Albury to Synod 2017. Words and pictures of support and encouragement were posted on the walls of Box Hill Town Hall during the Synod meeting. In our editorial we share some more of those messages. Click here for our Synod wrap or go to synod.org.au/2017 for a full report.
Highlights this month include:
- Will elderly downsizers save the Great Australian Dream? Not according to one think tank.
- The fight to keep Florence and Sheryil Allen together with their family as a deportation deadline looms.
- Moderator-elect Denise Liersch on visiting the famous doors where the Reformation came knocking 500 years ago.
- Why Christians can support the medically assisted dying laws being debated in Victoria.
- We have consensus – Crosslight’s summary of the all sights and sounds of Synod 2017.
- Rev Dr John Evans on the lessons he learnt taking part in a famous pilgrimage.
We also share daily online stories on Crosslight online. If you would like to receive the stories in your Facebook inbox every day, visit the Uniting Church Victoria and Tasmania Facebook page and click ‘send message’.
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive the print edition of Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox.