Indigenous artist Miriam Simon’s depiction of the Fifth Station of the Cross is just one of the many artworks featured in Our Mob: God’s Story. Produced to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Bible Society, the book examines the relationship of Australia’s First People to the Christian faith. Click here for the review.
Highlights this month include:
- Early Melbourne life uncovered at Wesley Church
- They also serve – remembering animals in war
- Why Tasmania should pull the plug on pokies
- Three reflections on the meaning of Easter
- A 40-year-old logo that’s still flying high
- The cult shame of Victoria’s rich and respectable
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox.