For more than 50 years, CBM (formerly Christian Blind Mission) has helped restore sight to millions of people throughout the world. In our front cover image, 11-year-old Sintila returns home with his mother, Sunapatis, following successful cataract surgery. They walked for more than six hours to reach a CBM partner clinic in Kenya. Click here for the full story.
Highlights from the October edition:
- We talk to the mayor of Bethlehem about finding peace in the Holy Land.
- Garth Jones returns home to the regional town of Broken Hill and discovers a shift in attitude towards LGBTIQ people.
- A Uniting Church congregation combats slavery through table tennis.
- Readers share memories of mission and discuss what Christians can learn from Muslims.
- Rev Sharon Hollis reflects on breaking down the stigma attached to mental illness.
- Synod Snaps brings you images from throughout the Church and beyond.
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox.