Anti-poverty week runs from the 12th to 18th of this month. Sometimes the issue of poverty, particularly on a world scale, can be so overwhelming the temptation is to avoid or ignore it. But as our front page image of shows, change can happen. In North India, urban development workers from the local church, supported by UnitingWorld, are creating new opportunities for people to feel a sense of hope and joy.
- The Church continues to support Christians facing persecution throughout the world.
- Hobart’s Wesley Chapel celebrates 175 years of faith and worship in Tasmania.
- Much has been written about the effects of the drug ice on individuals, families and communities. Tim Lam speaks to those directly involved.
- A Celtic Pilgrimage offers more than a stroll in the countryside .
- Moderator Dan Wootton ponders the pursuit of happiness.
- Synod Snaps brings you images from throughout the Church and beyond.
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox every month.