- Here’s a quick guide to what’s happening and what the big issues are likely to be as the church gathers, discerns and decides at Synod 2017.
- One of the major items on the agenda for Synod 2017 is electing the next moderator. Meet the nominees to be moderator-elect.
- How whole churches and communities can be groomed to allow sexual, physical and psychological abuse and what the warning signs are.
- Meet the baby seal that’s charmed Barack Obama, alleviates the symptoms of dementia and doesn’t even ask for fish.
- Can a movie about talking apes be a type of biblical epic? There’s not much monkeying about in this Hollywood blockbuster.
- Moderator Sharon Hollis finds inspiration from the scenes of hope that countered the hate on display in Charlottesville.
We also share daily online stories on Crosslight online. If you would like to receive the stories in your Facebook inbox every day, visit the Uniting Church Victoria and Tasmania Facebook page and click ‘send message’.
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive the print edition of Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox.