A cross, the symbol of the Christian church, is choppered to the battle field of Vietnam. On the 50th anniversary of the battle of Long Tan in Vietnam, we look back on the war that divided a nation and – some would say – divided a church.
Highlights this month include:
- High Street Uniting Church celebrates Ramadan with their Muslim neighbours.
- Find out how Lenten Offering grants support creative initiatives throughout the church.
- What role does the church play in war? On the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam, we discuss the continuing legacy of this divisive war.
- Our letters bring you a diverse range of views from the church community.
- Rev Sharon Hollis reflects on the power of faith in uncertain times.
If you are not able to get to a Uniting Church congregation but would like to continue to receive Crosslight each month, we can arrange to deliver it to you, whether you are in Australia or overseas. Subscribe here to receive Crosslight in your letterbox.